EVALUATION AND REPORTING OF FUNDED PROGRAMS
Cambia Health Foundation staff have developed and implemented an evaluation model that fits our evaluation philosophy. We have three primary goals for evaluation and grant reporting:
- Being good stewards of funds entrusted to us for community benefit.
- Grant partner learning and quality improvement.
- Communication about results and impact.
We are committed to keeping our approach to evaluation simple, asking only for what we will use, and remaining “lingo-free.” Our intent is to develop relationships with grant partners that are positive, honest, trusting and committed to improvement.
Cambia Health Foundation Evaluation Philosophy
As a good steward, Cambia Health Foundation is dedicated to assuring that its investments are mission-driven and positively impact communities served. The evaluation process is clear, simple and focused on outcomes. It is respectful of organizations with different size, experience, values, beliefs and traditions. It balances quantitative and qualitative methods to inform and guide Cambia Health Foundation decisions while improving grant partner services.
With this philosophy in mind, an on-line grant reporting system has been developed. The amount of reporting will vary based on different types of grants, commensurate with the scope and nature of the funded project. In completing grant reports, please keep in mind:
- Focus on reporting the defined outcomes or deliverables of the grant.
- Include a description of the strategies and activities used to achieve the outcomes or deliverables.
- Less is more: be thorough and concise in presenting the information. Staff will reach out to you if additional information or documents are necessary.
- Part of a grant being successful is being able to apply learning to future work. We consider learning what you would do more of (successes) equally important as what you would do less of or stop doing (not successful.)
- Quantitative (data) is equally important as qualitative (stories) in this work. Please provide both when possible and appropriate.
- Our tools are reviewed annually with an eye toward continuous improvement so feedback about our process is encouraged as part of your report.