Thank you for your interest in Cambia Health Foundation. We are currently preparing additional information and materials for our 2018 grantmaking. We will update this web site as information becomes available. In the meantime, please review the web site for general information and reach out to a program staff person via the Contact tab under the Act button on the homepage.
The 2017 Sojourns Scholar Leadership Program is currently closed. We will post information about future opportunities for 2018 in December.
Grant Writing Tips
- Start early! Our grant making is strategic and often includes conversations and learning before a decision is made to submit an application.
- "Know” the funder…do your homework…understand what interests and motivates the funder.
- Read through all materials before beginning to write. The application process is on-line, but we can provide a list of the questions you can expect during the process.
- Work with a team...get diverse people involved…talk out the plans.
- Ask questions.
- Be positive, proactive and realistic.
- Follow the “4 C’s” – be clear, consistent, concise and creative.
- Avoid acronyms and “lingo” – a grant application often serves as an education opportunity for the audience.
- Have someone who was not involved in preparing the proposal, or who is not familiar with your organization and/or program read the application and provide feedback.
We hope you find these tips useful whether developing a proposal for Cambia Health Foundation or any other funder.